Thursday, February 24, 2011

Surrealism Montage

Conspiracy Theory  -  10in x 8in  -  Adobe Photoshop CS5  - Matt Greenfield
Conspiracy Theory
The main focus behind Conspiracy Theory was to keep my compilation centered on the urban environment.  I  selected numerous images that I felt represented an urban environment in different ways, such as the city skyline, signs, stained glass, sidewalk cracks, metal bars, and a variety of numbers.  I tried to convey a feeling of mystery as well as chaos.  I felt that using a grungy or decaying theme would help convey that mood.  I used the yellowish green background to represent the toxicity of urban environments as well as to present the viewer with an alerting background to draw them into the piece.  I titled the piece Conspiracy Theory because I felt that it carried a feeling of corruption, decay, and chaos which all translate back to the conspiracy theory concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment